RSS

Monday, April 12, 2010

Mr. and Mrs. Puddlecluck

This weekend, Mr. CrazyLife decided to go to a small animal sale.  He was on the lookout for weeder geese.  I told him I really didn't want any geese as they can be quite snarly and I was worried about the kids around them.  He was quite adament that we needed some to weed out the garden and strawberry patch.  He was also on the lookout for new bunnies as our Momma Bunnies were getting past the breeding stage and our Buck just wasn't interested anymore.

Saturday night I traveled to my in-law's house to pick up the children who had spent the day there.  When we got home, we found these little feathered friends waiting for us!


Not the greatest picture quality, I know.  But these little guys move around like crazy and it was hard to catch them at all!  Plus, if we got close they ran!

Lavendar Guinea Fowl!!  They are beautiful!!  We have a pair, male and female.  I'm loving listening to their chatter - so much noiser than the chickens!  And they are so cute they way they travel around together.  We've named them Mr. and Mrs. Puddlecluck.

Right now they are housed with the chickens and we plan on keeping it that way if we can.  Everything I've read says that should be okay.  We don't know a lot about this type of bird, but I've been reading up on Back Yard Chickens.



0 comments:

Post a Comment