RSS

Monday, April 12, 2010

Independence Days

I found this challenge on another blog and thought it was interesting.  Here at the CrazyLife we try to live as sustainable as possible, as green as possible and as efficient as possible.  Now we don't always reach that goal, but we do try.  There are times when the craziness of two full time outside the home jobs, four children and all their activities and everything else pile up and we fall out of habit.  But most of the time we do what we try to do.  And when we make an effort it goes well.  I don't know if I'd go as far as to say we're homesteading or living fully sustainbly, but we're doing okay.

So then I found this challenge: Independence Days Challenge and I thought it was great!  I mean, a challenge to help me reach my goals.  Anything to help keep me accountable.  So I'm a little late to the party (only a month and a half or so....), but I'm joining in for the rest of the summer.  Every little thing.....

The challenge has seven basic principles of daily things to do:
  1. Plant Something
  2. Harvest Something
  3. Preserve Something
  4. Waste Not
  5. Want Not
  6. Build Community Food Systems
  7. Eat the Food
I'm thinking that I can even carry this over to my decluttering personal challenge I've been doing (although I've been even worse updating that blog than this one!).  Especially with the Waste Not category.  So many things to take to donation centers!

What do you think?  Check it out and join in if it's something that looks interesting to you!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love it! It seems like we do these things pretty reguarly though. I think we need to work on the "waste not" (we have children who don't understand this) and "Building a Community Food System"

Meredith said...

Sounds interesting. I may have to check it out.

Post a Comment