RSS

Monday, April 12, 2010

In which I admit to being a choco-holic

I admit it.  I love chocolate.  I mean, I don't just love chocolate......I L.O.V.E. L.O.V.E. it.
All of it.  In any form.  In any color.  In any flavor.  In anything (well, almost)
So today I'm going to share two *healthy* chocolate recipes with you. 
They're both yummy and kid-approved. 
And pretty easy too.  =)



Black Bean Brownies
1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
3 large eggs
3 TBS vegetable oil (type of your choice - I used olive as that is what I had on hand)
3/4 C granulated sugar (I replaced with honey)
1/2 C cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract (I *might* have used a bit more - I also L.O.V.E. vanilla)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 C flour
pinch salt
1/4 C - 1/2 C chocolate chips (I used half and half chocolate and carob chips)
*optional: 1/2 tsp peppermint extract (Sometimes I use this and sometimes not)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray an 8x8 pan with nonstick cooking spray (or grease it in some other manner)

Place beans in food processor and process until smooth and creamy.  Add all the remaining ingredients, except chocolate chips and process until a smooth, thick dough forms.

Add in half the chocolate chips and process until they are broken up.

Pour into pan.  Add remaining chocolate chips on top.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until the sides begin to pull away and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cool and enjoy!!

********************

Choco-cado Pudding
2 medium or large avacados
1/2 cup sweetener of your choice (honey or agave works well; granulated changes the texture a bit)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 TBS nut butter (I like peanut butter)
water to add for texture

Scoop out avacado and place in food processor.  Add all other ingredients except water and process until smooth.  Slowly add in small amounts of water until the consistancy you like is reached.  Refridgerate for a couple hours to let the flavors blend.  Enjoy!!!

1 comments:

Meredith said...

The brownies sound good. I wonder if I could get the kids to eat them? I have texture issues with pudding, but I'm tempted to try it simply because I like avacado. *laugh*

Post a Comment