RSS

Monday, April 26, 2010

Meal Plan Monday

Every week I put together a basic meal plan.  It's simple and easy and saves me time during the busy work week when I have to come home and cook up dinner within about an hour of arriving through the door.  I don't usually put "on Monday is  potatos....on Tuesday is nodles, etc"  Rather I make a plan of enough meals to last through the week and then cook them up on whatever night sounds good.  It seems to work well that way and I don't feel locked into something that really doesn't sound too good on a particular night.

I'm posting this week's meal plan here, in hopes that I can remember to do it each week.  Maybe that way I can stay a bit more honest to my plans.  =)

I try to make mostly homemade, mostly preservative free, mostly low processed meals.  I don't always succeed.  Sometimes the convience factor takes over and I make whatever I can find that is quick and easy.

I've tried freezer cooking, but it never worked for us.  Either I forgot the food was there until too late or it was nothing that sounded good at any time.  I had a hard time find recipes that would freeze well that would fit with the family's allergies and likes.  And really, most of the time, our two deep freezes are so full with fresh meat and veggies from the last year's garden that there isn't room for much more.

So here is Meal Plan Monday for the week of April 26th, 2010.

Breakfasts (only 2-3 per week)
Cheerios
Oatmeal
Scrambled Eggs w/ toast
other cereal

Lunches (only 2 -3 per week at home)
Grilled Cheese Sandwhiches with ABC tater tots
Noodles with tomato sauce & garlic toast

School Lunches
Bologna
Cheese sticks
Potato chips
Carrots
Grapes
Celery Sticks

Dinners
Homemade Mac n' Cheese
Speghetti w/homemade sauce & Garlic toast and salad
Sloppy Joes w/potato wedges
Soup of some kind (either chili or chicken noodle, probably)
Fish (for adults) and turkey hot dogs (for kids) w/salad
Leftovers Dinner
BLTs w/cabbage salad and fresh fruit

Fruits & Veggies
Corn (from freezer - 2 times)
Broccoli (from freezer - 2 times)
Fresh veggie dippers
Mandarin Oranges
Fruit salad
Apple slices

Something to talk about
Do you meal plan?
How do you plan your family's meals?
Do you freezer cook?  Once a month cook?
What kinds of foods does your family eat regularly?

0 comments:

Post a Comment