RSS

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Shamrock Shakes

I'll admit it.....while I'm mostly into healthy food and really only eat fast food if I'm travelling or whatnot, I am totally, throughly in love with McDonald's Shamrock Shakes.  I have to have one every March (or two or three or four).  I think it stems back to fourth grade when our principal took a group of kids from my class to his daughter's school to do a poem presentation and we stopped at McD's and had Shamrock Shakes.  *laugh*  When I was pregnant I totally craved them.......and I have to admit, I get a little bit excited when I pull through a drive-though so my husband can pick up a "snack" and see them on the menu.

I mean really, what's not to love about that cold, green, minty goodness?

(well besides all the calories and the junk that I don't even want to think about being in there!)

But guess what I came across today?????

A Homemade Shamrock Shake Recipe!!!!!!

I am so totally excited!!!  Look at this picture, it will totally make your taste buds start watering:


Here's the recipe (the orginal can be found at: Craving Comfort)
I would think that you could even make it "low-fat" by using reduced fat ice cream and milk or using rice milk and rice dream ice "cream".

Dana's "I don't need no stinkin McDonalds!" Shamrock Shake

Ingredients

2 cups vanilla ice cream
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 - 1/2 Teaspoon Mint extract
9 drops green food coloring
Optional pretty stuff

chocolate syrup
whipped cream
green sugar

Directions

Blend all ingredients together until smooth and yummy.
Drizzle some chocolate syrup around your glass.
Pour Shamrock Shake into the glass.
Top with whipped cream and green sugar.

ENJOY!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment