RSS

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Laundry Limbo

Is there anyone in the world who hates laundry as much as I do?  I mean, seriously, I loathe laundry!!!  It's not the washing and drying of it that bothers me - those are easy.  But the folding and putting away....only to be taken out and worn and thrown on the floor and washed again and again and again.  It never ends.  And don't get me started on sorting and folding socks!

I've been really trying to take a look at how I do our laundry and trying to find a system that works for me.  With six people in the house and two little boys who seem to have more laundry than the rest of us combined (I mean really, do they NEED to wear three pairs of underwear and shirts in one day?)  I feel like I'm drowning. 

Ideally, I would do the boys one day, the girls one day and then the hubs and I one day.  Add one day for sheets and towels and we're all set.  I would wash, dry, fold right out of the dryer or off the line and put them away (or fight with the kids and the hubs to put them away themselves).  But it just never happens that way.  I get going on this routine and then suddenly something happens and needs to be washed for an emergency.  Or we're out of the house on a certain night and I get behind.  Or I get it washed and dried, but then it sits in the basket in front fo the dryer forever.  Or it might even get folded and then sit on the couch for days, waiting for someone to put it away.

Once summer starts, and I'm off work for a few months, it does get easier.  I'm usually line drying by then and everything gets done and folded and my one day at a time system works better as I'm home all day.  But for now.....I'm seriously drowning!

How do you handle the laundry limbo?  I'm in need of some serious ideas!

1 comments:

Laura said...

I try to wait until I have time to do it. Unfortunately, my husband is not always so patient and "helps". This usually means that the laundry is piled high on top of our washer and dryer. It is frustrating to say the least. Folding while watching TV works but I only watch 2 hours per week. I also have the kids make a competition out of it and that gets it done quick.

Post a Comment