RSS

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fitness Frenzy

So I've decided to really push up my fitness/weight loss/inches loss goals and plans and push forward with them and force myself into meeting these goals.  I'm not overweight or unhealthy or whatever, but I'm not liking how my clothes fit or how I feel.  Plus, with the weird health symptoms I've been having the last 6+ months, I'd rather take the bull by the horns now so if something pops up, I can better deal with it.

So I joined a fitness challenge on the newsgroup I belong to.  I'm part of a team and we work together on mini-challenges to earn points.  Hopefully, it will give me some motivation.

I've also started walking during my lunch/prep times.  Yesterday I did 3.5 miles.  I was walking about a 12-14 minute mile, so my heartrate went up as well.  It felt good to be out moving and in the sunshine.  And I've seriously considered running.  Now, understand - I hate running.  I've never been a runner - I'm a dancer, not a runner.  But being outside and walking hard, makes me want to run.  Weird?  Maybe I'll look into a 5K or something for later in the year.  I've walked them before, but never actually run one. Today my goal is to walk 2 miles during lunch - if the rain holds out, that is.

I take a fitness class at the gym, called a fitness buffet.  It's hard!  But I feel sore and fantastic afterward.  And we always do neat circut activities.  Last week it was Bosu balls, the week before it was hula hoops and stability balls.  It's a  fun class and a great workout.  I can tell a difference in my strength after just a few weeks in.

Then I try to get to the gym at least 2 other nights a week, but usually it's just one night.  I walk the treadmill for about 30 minutes and then do the eliptical for 15 and then do a circut of the weight machines.

And I haven't dropped any weight.  The weight honestly doesn't bother me, it the inches.  I've picked up the signature "Mommy tummy" or "muffin top" and I hate it.  Since Thing #4 stopped nursing last fall, I've gained weight and my tummy hangs out.  My clothes don't fit right.  I know I need to look at what I'm eating and that will help, but I love food!  *laugh*

I started keeping track of my fitness calorie burnage and my calorie intake this week on LiveStrong.com.  It's helping me see what I'm taking in too much of and what I need to increase.  I'm also making a concentrated effort to not eat after 8 pm and to take in more fiber and drink more water.

My husband asked me why I was doing all this.  He said I look great and shouldn't worry about it.  I'm getting older, blah blah blah.  But I told him that I don't feel good.  I want my clothes to fit better.  I want to sleep better.  I want to have some muscle defininition again.  So he's supportive of it because he understands why, but I don't think he likes all the time I'm spending on it!  *laugh*  I'm glad he likes me the way I am, but I don't.

Anyway...long story short....I'll hopefully be updating my fitness/weight loss/inches loss profiles here.  I'm going to try to keep up with what I'm eating and any weight or inches loss.  If you're on the same track...I'd love to follow along and support each other!

0 comments:

Post a Comment