RSS

Monday, May 17, 2010

Garage Sale Finds

We love going to garage sales.  Call them rummage, junk, garage, yard sales - whatever.  We love them.  And you can find such treasure there!  I like finding play clothes for the kids - when you pay a quarter for something, it's not as big of a deal if it gets grass-stained or ripped or whatnot.  I also find all kinds of cute little teacups.  I've found things for my classroom.  Mr. CrazyLife likes to find old tools or weird odds n' ends of things. 

But sometimes he finds something that even I can consider a great treasure!  Look at what he brought home last week:





It's a lawnmower - a HUMAN powered lawnmower!!

Isn't that just the best?  No gas.  No electricity.  Just plain old human sweat and muscle.

I used it yesterday for a while.  Mr. CrazyLife used the rider mower (we do have just over an acre to mow), and I used this little baby around the kids in the play area and under my laundry lines.  I edged the driveway.  I criss-crossed Mr. CrazyLife's mow lines to make a cute pattern.  It was a great upper-body workout.  It also helped allow me to work out some frustration from earlier in the day.

The best part is that the kids love to push it around.  Our lawn looks better than ever and the kids are exhausted every night after pushing it.  =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment