RSS

Friday, May 28, 2010

Bath Fun for the Kiddos

Since I'm in the bath and body mode today, I thought I'd share a fun little recipe I use for the kids bath.  Bath Fizzies.  Or Bath Bombs as some call them.  I was first introduced to these through a parenting message board I frequent. I ordered a few from a WAHM vendor on there and the kids loved them.  Begged to have them at every bath!!  They love to throw in the ball (or whatever molded shape) and watch it fizzle away!  So I started to look into how to make them myself.  Keep things a bit cheaper, plus, it gives me a project to do with the kids.  We're going to make up a batch of these really soon!

Bath Fizzies Baisc Recipe

1 C baking soda
1/2 C citric acid (available at drugstore/bulk foods)
1/2 C salts (dead sea or epsom)
1/2 C corn starch

Mix together all dry ingredients.

1 TBS water
1-2 TBS oil (any light vegetable oil will work; I've also used cocnut oil)
1-2 drops food coloring (if desired - makes for fun colors)
1-2 tsp essential oil (if desired - for fun)

Mix wet ingredients and add to dry ingredient mixture.  Now you have to work fast before the mix begins to set.  Take the mix and press into a mold.  Let them sit in a dry place, out of humidity for at least a day.  You can take them out of the mold reletively quickly as they will take shape and then let them dry out of the mold.  You can also use just about anything for a mold - ice cube trays, candy molds, plastic two piece christmas bulbs, etc. You can also take large scoops and use your hands to mold them into balls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment