RSS

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine's Challenge #2 - The way to a man's heart.....

....is through his stomach!  I think there's an old wives tale that goes something like that.  But it's true, isn't it?  I know my husband is happier, healthier and often more loving and romantic when his tummy is full of his favorite dinner.  And happy husbands mean happy wives, right?  *wink*

My husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy.  He likes his meat...lots of it...medium rare and salted and peppered.  He likes a side of potatos of any kind in any style to go with it.  He loves meatloaf.  He loves roasts.  Well....really any kind of meat at all.  He's not big on soups and stews and crockpotted meals, however.  He loves to grill and cook over an open fire.  And he loves food.

Valentine's Challenge #2....cook a meal for your husband.  His favorite.  And be sure to eat some too, even if it's not your favorite.  Make enough for leftovers so he can take some to work tomorrow.

I love to be in the kitchen.  I'm not exactly Martha Stewart or Julia Childs, but I can make my way around pretty well.  Being all domestic-y makes me feel good.  And I'm a pretty good cook, if I do say so myself.  So I think this challenge is good for a two-some.  My husband will be well-fed and feel loved with his favorite meal.  And I'll feel good for being in the kitchen and being all domestic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment