RSS

Monday, January 30, 2012

Mama's Mission Update

Okay, so it really isn't the end of the month until tomorrow....but I know I won't have time to check in then.  
So I'll update now.  

Here were my "missions" for January:
1) Implement new laundry system.
2)Implement new chore chart system for the kids.
3) Walk at least 3-4 times per week.
4) Read Proverbs 31 and meditate on being a Proverbs 31 wife and mother.
5) Eat dinner at the table as a family 90% of the time (instead of on the run or in front of the TV as has become the norm)

And here is where we stand:

1) We implemented the new laundry system and it is totally working!!!  Yay!!!  I'll do a post on it later, since it working so well with our mid-size family.  Basically, I took all the laundry baskets out of the bedrooms and moved them to the laundry room.  I now have four baskets instead of three, but they are all pre-sorted and ready to go.  I've really been working at folding things right out of the dryer (instead of throwing them into a basket where they sit until they get worn again!).  The only part of this we need more work on is that sometimes the clothes don't make it to the laundry room and they dont' always make it back to the bedrooms (I have a couch covered in folded laundry at the moment.)
Baby Steps, right?
But I'm going to say this is accomplished and done (with improvements to come) as it is implemented and working.

2) Our new chore chart is working well also....as long as Momma and Daddy stay on top of things.  The first week the kids were all about the new charts.  Now we do have to remind them, but instead of reminding them to do certain things, we just have to say go check the chart.  It's working!  I'll have to do a post on those as well - they were Pinterest inspired.
Mission 2 - accomplished!

3) Walking....well I haven't made it to 3-4 times per week, but I'm doing at least 2 times a week.  So I will say partially accomplished, but a work in progress.  I sometimes underestimate how busy we are going to be during the week.  Two times a week walking might be all that I can actually squeeze in between kids activities and my dance classes.
Mission 3 - Work in Progress

4) I've spent quite a bit of time with this mission.  I find that the more I meditate on it, the more I have to do.  But I am finding that the little things I do are making a big difference, if only in my own attitude towards myself and my husband and my family.
Mission 4 - accomplished!

5) Again, we are doing awesome on this one!  We are eating at the table at least 4 nights a week now.  And actually, some weeks it has been more.  We have yet to make it to 7 nights a week, but as I mentioned, I sometimes underestimate how busy we are in the evenings.  I'm so glad we've made an effort in this!  The kids are talking more and we get to hear all kinds of things we were missing in the rush before.  We actually spend time together instead of scarfing down food and rushing to the next activity.
Mission 5 - accomplished!

So that is accomplished on all but one mission, and truthfully, I think I'm going to change that one a bit.....so I'm putting this little pin down to show where we are!



And now I need to think of some February missions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment