RSS

Friday, March 11, 2011

Post-Race Funk

Since I came back from the half marathon, I've been in sort of a post-race funk.  I don't want to go outside and walk or run.  I don't want to go to work.  I don't want to workout.  I just want to sit down and read a book and play with my kids.  I just can't quite get into the swing of things again!

I'm feeling a bit like this little guy:


I've got to get out of this funk. 

My house really needs a good once over.  Especially since I had three sick kids this past week.  I've done more laundry this week alone than I did all of last month!!  Ick.  Ick. Ick.  And while I got a good start on spring cleaning last weekend, well it was put on hold with the sick kids.  Need to get back on top of that.

I really need to get out and walk more.  The snow and ice just really deters me.  I'm so ready for spring. 

My garden is covered in huge piles of snow.  I keep dreaming of going out there and digging in the dirt and planting seeds and growing good food.  But then I wake up and there's all the snow.

I'm tired, too.  My left side has been numb for the past week and a half.  It's still functional, but numb.  I keep dropping things.  I can't move fast.  I'm exhausted.  And I keep forgetting where I put things and what I want to say.  I drop words.

The kids are driving me crazy.  Thing #2 has hit my limit of what I can handle alone.  His behavior is WAY out of control and I don't know what to do to help him.  He doesn't do it at home, just at school. 

We're running tight financially this month with lots of things coming due and a lot of extras coming up.  Dance costumes, extra mortgage payment, things for the cows, extra wood for building projects, bathroom projects, three school fundraisers, etc.  Too many things due at one time.

Feeling a bit unconnected with the world.  I just want to stay in my own house and do my own thing and not deal with anyone or anything outside it.

See?

Grumpy.

That's my name.

Okay . . . pity party over.  I've got to get up and make some sunshine happen!!!


1 comments:

Meredith said...

I feel the same way. I am currently deluding myself with visions of other races. That may or may not be detrimental to my future health, but at least I'm focusing on something (even if it doesn't mean I'm actually DOING much about it *laugh* ). I hope that everything starts coming back together as your weather warms back up!

Post a Comment