RSS

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

While on the subject . . . .

Since I'm on the subject of make-your-own cleaning supplies, here's a few others we've been using and having great successes with!!!  As mentioned before, it is a bit time consuming to set up, but once you see the results and compare the monetary savings, you'll totally be into it!

My homemade dishwasher detergent:

Equal parts borax and washing soda ( I used about 3/4 C each)
1/4 C baking soda
about a 1/4 cup citric acid
Mix
Use about 2 TBS per load

I've also used unsweetend lemonaide KoolAid (2 packets) if I'm out of citric acid.  Same difference, plus a nice lemony smell.  I always use white vinegar in the rinse cycle as well.

Also, you want to make sure you rinse well . . . borax left on dishes isn't healthy.  Although I'm sure it the's same with commercial detergents.  I will sometimes run a second rinse.

And I've read some conflicting things about combining washing soda with baking soda, but I've never had an issue with it.  Research.  Experiement.  Find what works for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment