RSS

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy Fall Meals

Fall is by far my favorite season of the year.  Despite horrid allergies, I love the cooler weather and the changing of the leaves.  I think one of the benefits to living in northern mid-Michigan is that the fall weather makes for some beautiful drives.

With cooler weather and greyer skies, my head immediatly turns to warm belly food.  This is the food that fills you up and warms you from head to toe.  My favorite kind of food!

Today I'm sharing my famous pot-roast recipe.  It's super easy (even for a busy working mom mid-week) to throw together and super yummy too! 

Jenn's Pot Roast
1 rolled rump roast
1 pkg buttermilk ranch dressing powdered (I use Hidden Valley Ranch)
1 pkg Italian dressing powdered
2-4 medium potatos, peeled and diced
2-3 carrots, peeled and chunked
1 med sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 med onion, diced

Layer veggies on bottom of roasting pan.  Place meat on top and cover meat with ranch dressing and italian dressing mixes.  Cover with foil or glass lid.  Bake at 375 for between an hour and an hour and a half or until meat is done.  Cut and serve with veggies, pour some "sauce" from bottom of pan over top.  Yummy!

I usually serve broccoli or some other green veggie on the side and a salad and rolls as well.

Follow this dinner up with warm apple or pumpkin pie and you've got the perfect fall meal!

2 comments:

Tori said...

Fall reminds me of my mom. My entire life Fall has been her favorite season and she has always been the happiest during those times. She would always pull out the crock pot and start the season off with cooking us pot roast. Now as an adult I do the same thing. The only difference is I cook with grass fed beef. I work with La Cense Beef and because the beef is 100% grass fed it is healthier for you.

Jenn said...

I 100% agree with you, Tori. All our beef is pasture feed. So much healthier and it tastes better too! And it's so much leaner. Since we started keeping cattle, we only use it and I love having a freezer full of fresh, lean, healthy beef!

Post a Comment