RSS

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Taco Stuffed Shells

I'm not quite sure where I first saw this recipe.  TOH, perhaps?  Anyway, it's become a family-favorite here and while I don't make it often, when I do it is always enjoyed.  I wish I would have had pictures to share, but Mr. CrazyLife fed the children last night while I went for a run and that was something he wasn't going to do!

Taco-Stuffed Shells

1 box jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
1-2 lbs ground beef (or turkey or chicken or pork or whatever)
1 package taco seasoning (or homemade)
1 jar salsa con queso (cheese w/salsa)
1 can refried beans
1 jar salsa
shredded cheese
tortilla chips, plain or cheesy

Boil shells until tender.  Drain and rinse with cool water.
Brown ground meat.  Add taco seasoning.  Add 1/2-3/4 jar of salsa con queso and nux throughly.
Stuff shells with meat mixture.
In bottom of baking pan, spread refried beans and top with salsa.  Put stuffed shells on top.  Cover with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until warmed through.
Enjoy!



Linking up to What's Cooking Thursdays at Feeding Four and Buzz on By Thursday at Sunny Bug.

1 comments:

Candace said...

Oh man that sounds good I need to try that!

Post a Comment