RSS

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chicken Experiement Update

Our spicy chicken experiement?

BIG FAIL!!!!


Our girls seemed super happy to get their little spicy treats and they gobbled them right down and begged for more.  I gave them table scraps and even a treat of spicy cornbread for a week straight and hoped for the best.

And nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  Zero.  Ziltch.

Not a single egg.

So, I guess not all old wives tales are true.....or maybe we just have stubborn chickens!

I guess I'll go back to trying to be patient and let our girls have their egg-laying break.

The days are getting longer.

And slightly wamer.

(even though we've had our first snowstorm of the year here at the end of February and one more predicted tonight.....looks like March is coming in like a LION!)

And I'll keep treating the girls to table scraps and stale bread and sometimes their own special chicken treats I cook up.

And soon.  Soon and very soon, they'll start laying again.

Right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment