RSS

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fitness for Momma CrazyLife

I've really been trying to take hold of my health and fitness this year.  So far, I think I'm making a dent in things.  I've lost about 5 lbs this year - not a huge accomplishment, but one I feel good about.  My weight seems to be stuck in a rut since having kids.  However, I have lost quite a few inches off my waist and hips and thighs, so I think that makes up for the lack of weight loss.

Since April 1st, I've managed to walk or run or jog over 175 miles!  I started by going on 3 mile walks/runs during my lunch hour at work.  Then when school ended, I started going on 6 mile walk/runs during the times the kids were still in daycare.  I'm still keeping up on that routine and will be renewing my gym membership next week so that when it rains, I can still keep up the walk/run routine.

Another thing I've started is a Zumba class.  If you haven't seen or heard of these, you have to check it out!  It combines dance and fitness into one.  Mostly it consists of latin style dancing, but also includes some hip hop and belly dance, among others.  It's a fantastic workout!  I've never sweated so much in my life!  I'm now taking two classes a week and loving it!!  It totally appeals to the dancer in me, as well as my need to get fit.

And finally, I've started working yoga workouts into my life.  Yoga totally appeals to me for its simplistic nature and calming effects.  I can do it anywhere, anytime.  I started doing some yoga workouts posted on youtube by Yoga Polly and then started doing my own routine.  Lately I've been doing this lunar yoga routine from this month's Natural Health magazine.  I love having the time to relax and meditate and tone and stretch all at once.

0 comments:

Post a Comment